Place of Interests around the area that we would recommend you try to do if you have time
visit http://hooktourism.com for lots of information
- Hook Lighthouse http://hookheritage.ie/ - a must!! About 8/9 miles away by car. And do the walk – takes about 1 hour… there a few walls to climb over but the walk is fab. Www.hookheritgage.com
- Loftus Hall – do the scary tour! http://loftushall.com
- New Ross – 20 minutes away – Dunbrody ship – very interesting to do the tour. Lots of pubs and coffee shops in New Ross. http://www.dunbrody.com/
- JFK Park – lovely walks, coffee shop.
- Kilmokea Gardens
- Beaches – Baginbun and Carinvan , Grange all within 1 mile of house. Can walk or drive to them. Dollar Bay 5kms away lovely – but step climb.
- Duncannon – lovely beach you can drive the car on. Lots of pubs and restaurants to eat in. Old Fort with lots of history. Check out http://www.duncannonfort.com/ and at certain times of year there is the sand sculpting festival and kite surfing competitions.
- Kilmore Quay – fishing village, and quay, nice restaurants 30 mins away by car (on way to Wexford Town)
- Try and get to the Fethard market on the Saturday morning – but be early – they start queuing from 10:20 as the fresh produce/plants sell very quickly. Fab Jams, Honey, etc.
- Dunmore East via Passage East Ferry http://www.passageferry.ie/ - lovely day out
- Waterford or Wexford town for shopping, restaurants and lots of other things to do and see.